Tuesday, November 13, 2012

OK, more brags and not about puppies

So, the weekend of Oct. 27, 2012 we went to Ridgefield, WA to dog shows down there.  Saturday was OUR day!  I took Zinger and entered her as a champion because she had finished her championship.  That day she took Best of Breed and there were nine specials that day, meaning nine champions competing.  That was a very nice win.  She then went on to win a Group 3, and she was handled by Caleb Campbell, a junior handler.  Pretty nice win.
Ono took the boy points and that was a major win, and that finished his championship.  Pip won the girl points and then was proclaimed Best of Winners so she also got the boy major.  A major means that the dog has beaten a pre-set number of other dogs.  AKC doesn't want a dog to just beat one other dog fifteen times; they must beat a number of other dogs to be considered good enough to become a champion.
Elwha Border Terriers did well that day.  We didn't do as well the next day, but we did well.



I don't know if I ever added Zinger's Group 2 that she got.  This was even better as she was not yet a champion, but took the breed over champion and went on to get a Group 2, even better than the Group 3.  Like I said, nice girl.  Sweet girl.
On a very sad note, Zinger's brother, Norman, who took Select Dog at this year's National Specialty and Winners Dog at last year's National Specialty under a British judge, was lost from his backyard on Oct. 30th.  My heart is broken as well as Star Ott's and Joni Gibson's hearts, besides all the people who wanted to use him as a stud.  I have learned at least one thing from this tradegy, and that is to have TWO fences around my dogs, so that someone would have to stupidly leave open TWO gates when leaving a yard and maybe that would keep them from leaving any gates open allowing my dogs to escape.  I have boarded up my gates so that this doesn't happen to one of the ones at my house!!!  I will take those boards down when I get the inside perimeter fence up.  What we do to protect our loving companions!!!!  It will keep me from having a broken heart again, hopefully.

Enough.  The Sad Curmudgeon, and The Proud Curmudgeon.

No comments:

Post a Comment