Saturday, April 30, 2016

Three days old

The two miracle babies are doing fine.  Of course I was worried until this morning.  They were either losing weight or staying the same weight and, even though I know that is normal for newborns, because they were sooooo small, I worried, big time.  Anyway, this morning they had both gained tenths of an ounce.  Cake is 2.5 oz and Squirt got back to her birth weight of 2.2 oz.  Thank heavens.  That being said, Kathleen and I are still staying up all night long hooking them on to the nipples, etc. It is paying off!!!!  Thank goodness.

The babies, when they were born, had ribs that were quite visible.  I knew they were doing better when the ribs started disappearing.  That happened before the weight went up, so I knew they were improving.  It is still worrisome watching these babies and it will carry on for a bit.  They aren't out of the woods yet, not by any means.  We'll be up many nights to come, but, of course, it is worth it.

I figure that these two babies, being held and handled as much as they are being held, etc., are going to be the sweetest things in the world.

Today we start the neurological stimulation exercises, days 3 to 16.  This includes the smell stimulation.  Watch out!  Smart puppies being raised!

For now, the blog will continue some other day, from the hopeful curmudgeon

2 comments:

  1. Sad indeed.... Do the puppies have new homes yet? My family is looking for another BT. We got our Victoria from you back in the 90's! Currently also have Sophie Georgie Rose, from Canada. steve.nantz@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a puppy for you or a three year old now retired mom.

    ReplyDelete