Saturday, July 16, 2016

Summertime

What a nice day it is!  The three girls are out in the front yard chasing each other and eating the plums that fall on the ground. Kat used to fish them off the tree herself, but these three wait for them to fall.  I take the puppy out sometimes and put him down when Myshka is not right there.  She is so exuberant that I'm afraid that she will harm him.  I usually throw a ball and she goes off to chase it and I can let the puppy explore or snuggle up to Coug who likes to use him as a cuddle toy.  She is a very sweet dog.

We did not go to the dog shows this weekend. I would have liked to do that, but Myshka now has kennel cough and the puppy has a goopy nose discharge.  Yuck!  Poor boy.  He seems to be doing quite well in spite of the nose discharge. While Kathleen and I were in California, Woody sprouted teeth.  He likes to chew on my toes, as all puppies seem to.  I am playing with him with a tug toy and he is learning.  Four weeks and two days old. Anne may have to decide to do Agility with him if she is the prize winner!!! He started eating "real" food on Thursday when I arrived home also.  He is growing up! Doesn't take them long.

So, where did Kathleen and I go, you might ask.  We flew to San Jose and attended a Teah Anders seminar she taught with her husband, Chuck.  Mental Management a la Lanny Bassham. It was fantastic.  It will change our lives.  After that, we drove down to Santa Barbara to visit with Kathleen's boy and my grandson, Bryce, and his partner, Jack.  We had lots of fun with the boys and got lots of hugs and love.  We may even do it again someday!  Crazy thing was, we had to drive back to San Jose to drop off the car.  If we had turned it in down south, it would have cost over $800 instead of $300. We actually enjoyed our ride.  We both came home with no suntan. We spent one day at the Santa Barbara Zoo and enjoyed it immensely.  We had great tour guides!

Bryce and Jack are coming up to Bellingham tomorrow to celebrate Bryce's birthday with his family. The dogs and I will go to Bellingham tomorrow and show off the puppy to the boys. Bryce took me to the Aeroflot cargo to pick up Myshka when I flew to LAX to pick her up, so he gets to see her again.  She will like that.  I think that the boys want to come out to the farm to visit while they are in Washington, but theirs is kind of a quick trip and they may not get the chance.

We cannot go to NoseWork classes for a few more weeks since the dogs have kennel cough, so we are practicing daily.  Poor kids.  That is the highlight of their week.  They are a happy crew.

Remember to wear your hats on these beautiful, summer days.  Sunscreen also!

The Curmudgeon has struck again!

No comments:

Post a Comment