Thursday, May 3, 2012

Rain, rain, give us a break!

Rainy as heck today.  Puppies probably won't go out.  They can't control their internal temperature as well as adults can and I don't want them chilled as much as this deluge would do.  Of course the weather report this AM said that we would have sun breaks today.  None so far by 4:00 PM!

The babies are excited to think about visiting Bonnie, Betty and Skip this weekend.  Betty is doing lots of planning to protect her floors!!!

If you can believe it, they are getting even lovier than before.  When I sit down on the kitchen floor with them, they all pile in my lap post haste and crawl up onto my chest to snuggle as close to my neck as possible.  They are snuggle bugs personified!

Crazy busy.  Sorry for no pictures.  Maybe Monday.  Fingers crossed.

They are getting soooooo good at the sniffing/nose work game it is unbelievable.  They are fast and have caught on quite well.  Amazing how fast they learn at such a young age. 

Handling class in Victoria this weekend.  Hopefully I can keep from tearing my knee cartilage like I did the last time I took this class!  I will have a brace on each knee this weekend.  I have done physical therapy and am ready, but you want to hear about puppies, not me! 

They go crazy in the yard.  We went out for about 45 minutes yesterday and I held the 40" pooper scoopers in my hands and swung my arms the entire time to protect them from hawks and eagles.  I saw none and looked up a lot of the time.  The puppies stayed safe and my arms got a great workout!

They ran and jumped and hid in the grass and tunneled under the cherry tree root like the big dogs do.  It was heartwarming.  I was very excited to see them tunnel as well as they did.  Natural earthdogs.  They climb up the slanted runs and go through the pipes I have out there.  The yard looks like a mess, but it is a studied mess, made for their enjoyment and education. 

As soon as the deluge stops, this is an ideal time of year for puppies.

I'll let you know how much they grow over the weekend when I can't see them.  I'm sure that I will be blown over.  It IS truly amazing how fast they grow at this age.

There are some awfully pretty puppies in this litter.  Fun to show!!!
Later,
The Crumudgeon

No comments:

Post a Comment