Thursday, January 22, 2015

Day 3

OK.  So all is well so far, unless you count the lack of sleep.  Good thing that Kathleen, my daughter, is here helping me!!!

The littlest girl has started gaining weight without supplementation.  I am very happy about that.  She is a fighter for her life.  Those little ones don't always make it because the big ones knock them off the nipples regularly.  We call them bulldozers.  The other little ones are catching up to the bigger ones.  Kathleen and I get up all through the night to hook the tiny girl back onto the nipples.  So far, so good.  She has gained an ounce.

Four puppies are grizzles, five are blues.  Daddy is a blue and Zinger's daddy was a blue. 

Sorry, but I have no pictures today.  I am going to go to the Clicker Expo in Portland for the next three days too, so no pics until I'm back.  Kathleen is kicking me out!  She is very good at plugging the baby onto the nipple.

Hang in there and keep those fingers crossed for the tiny one, now called Peanut!

From Curmudgeonville....


No comments:

Post a Comment