Thursday, June 25, 2015

I know....

I am disappointing many of you not writing more and not posting pictures more often.  Sorry.

Pip had five puppies.  We lost two girls the first day, and a third one has failed to thrive and I think we will soon lose her.  She is still below birth weight despite both Kathleen and myself supplementing her and plugging her on day and night.  She is fading.  We have tried fresh frozen plasma,  normal saline under her skin, Esbilac, peanut butter, honey, etc.  She is certainly spunky, but something is wrong or she would have made it and be plump and vital today.  Not.  Fading.  We cry when we talk about it.  Kathleen sits and rocks her a lot.  She no longer nurses.  Just a matter of time.

Mai had her puppies one week to the day after Pip.  The first one, a girl, was born dead.  Probably a separated placenta too early.  The boy is healthy and fine and growing.  The tiny one went to Mai so that there would be two on each girl.

Pip's boy is a tanker.  My gosh he is big!  I will attempt to put pictures up of the four of them taken yesterday.






Later,
Sad Curmudgeon and Kid

No comments:

Post a Comment