Monday, April 16, 2018

What a day!!!

OK.  After losing JD this morning, I was piddling around the house and listening to the rain and wind that have been feasting on north Kohala for a couple of weeks, so much so that we had been in a flash flood warning for days and days.  I decided to go to the Post Office and so had to get the dogs into the house for while I was gone.

I started with the three dogs in the front yard.  Reese, Chip and Mermaid came in right away and were happy to be out of the rain.  I then went out to the back yard to bring in Myshka and Henry.  Henry came right in and loved his treat that took him into his crate.  Myshka didn't come in, not even with lots of calling.  I examined the yard, the fence, under the house, in the house, under the house, in the house, in her crate, under the house, etc.  I was just sure that someone had stolen Myshka or that she had caught a bufo toad and was dead somewhere in the horrendously thick foliage that kept me from seeing her.  I HAD to go to the PO, so went quickly and came back.  It was still raining, but I took out the lopper and took it out into the backyard and started pruning out a bunch of heliconia so that I could see if she was in there amongst the packed in plants. I found Myshka under the lychee tree huddled around four fat babies, three girls and one boy.  I am STILL shaking from all of the adrenaline that released when I thought Myshka was GONE!!!!  I brought the puppies in and Myshka followed.  No more puppies have come out.  Does the boy need to be named JD?  When will the shaking go away?!!

So, that is today.  Myshka "took" me, but she is forgiven.  She is a good mama and is happy and proud.  I didn't think that she was ready to have her babies yet, but she had a different take on it.  There had been no panting, no nothing and no milk in her tits.  Hmmmmm.  She was being quite sneaky today.  Fooled me.

All the puppies are fine and dandy.  The heaviest, a girl, weighs 9.3 ounces and the lightest weighs 8.2 ounces.  The boy weighs 9 ounces.  They are all so wet that they all look like blues.  We'll see what they are when they dry off a bit.

So there, a non-typical day in Kohala....

Take care, from the shaky Curmudgeon






No comments:

Post a Comment