Monday, April 9, 2012

Happy Spring/Easter/Sun!!!

OK.  The babies are three weeks and three days old.  Sweet little buggers.  Boyle has won my heart, big time.  He licks my nose and snuggles the best.  Danny Boy is a big baby and loves to be held too, just hasn't started the kissing yet.
The girls are a bit more independent, as girls are, but are being held lots to train them to like it.  Mab went out, in my arms, to the front gate this morning to help me open it.  She thought it as cold out!  It was.
They went out into the side yard yesterday and squeaked a bit, walked around a very little bit, then found the bag in which I had taken them out and crawled into it to be in the dark, and safe, place.
I do think that the grass in the pen may be teaching them to eliminate in grass.  Fingers crossed.  Modifying the process as I think of better things to do and ways to do them.  We will be outside a LOT from now on, if it stays this nice.  Saturday was dry and so was yesterday.  That meant that I could get out on my lawnmower and mow the parts of the lawn where some idiot, me, HADN'T planted daffodils.  I have trouble finding the dogs when the grass gets too high.  I don't want to cut the grass that has the pretty flowers in it!  Silly wabbit!  I got most of the lawns mowed and it feels better or more manicured and there is now a place to put the babies where I can watch them and they aren't totally lost in the tall stuff.
No teeth yet, but I can feel them under the surface of the gums.  The puppies are stealing more and more of Kat's food.  It is cute to see them with food on their faces.  I am softening a bit of food for them now and then and letting them at it when Kat isn't around because she doesn't like to share.  She just eats it faster than otherwise.  Doesn't growl or anything.  She does need it all so that she can make all the milk she needs to make for them.
My camera is still not working with this computer.  I took pictures yesterday and put the card in the computer this AM.  It won't transfer them.  I'll put on some of the ones Skip took off my card, but I need to find out what is wrong.  Camera incompatible with computer.  Or, Charlotte incompatible with computer?!?  Maybe the un-formatted card did something to the computer that damaged it?  Whatever, it is a pain in the neck!
Check out this link!  Betty took a video Saturday of the crew as they were getting ready to crash!  Skip put it on You Tube.
http://youtu.be/cDyULXhrl5Y
You can hear the cute? noise they make when they are growling at this very young age.  They were growling at some of the dogs outside of their pen, the ones on the floor, two of whom they had never seen before.
OK.  Time to get some work done.  More soon,
The Old Curmudgeon

No comments:

Post a Comment