Thursday, April 26, 2012

Six weeks old tomorrow

Yesterday Pip and I did our first nosework class.  We had fun, especially Pip.  I think that she is a natural.
We went home and I sat on the floor with the babies.  I put treats all around the room and watched those little boogers use their noses and find them all.  I could hear them even across the room sniffing/snuffling/hunting.  It was precious.  They were darn good too!!!  Trackers in the making!!!!
Can you believe that they will be six weeks old tomorrow?  I can't.  Where does the time go?  I'm getting old!  That's what I always think when I see time whizzing by.
Danny Boy took a walk with the big guys today at lunch time.  If I have one at a time and the little one stays with the big ones, even UNDER the big dogs, then I don't worry so much about the eagles and the hawks.  I had one hawk one time dive bomb me when one puppy was walking beside me IN MY FRONT YARD, but when he brushed the side of my face with his wing, he veered off.  I would have jumped on him if he had tried to execute, but it was an eye opener too, no pun intended.  That one was pretty amazing because the bird touched me, but it wasn't an eagle.  That is why I only take one at a time out for walks and then I HOVER.  We live in the wilderness.
Some much for sniffing.
Curmudgeonly yours,
c

No comments:

Post a Comment